We are currently working on creating a new look ✨ and adding more contents 📦 for our website. Stay tuned for the upcoming updates! 🤞 Meanwhile please enjoy using our current page design and content.- Sorsogon Provincial ICT Division 💙
Sorsogon Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office
Safer, Adaptive and disaster-resilient Sorsogon toward sustainable development
It is the very aim of Sorsogon Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (SPDRRMO) to uphold the welfare and safety of the general public abode in the province of Sorsogon and spearhead the faithful compliance of the measures of reducing the risk caused by natural and man-made disaster, it is committed to its sworn duty and responsibility of ensuing efficient preparedness, prevention, mitigation and response actions.
The Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office in coordination with concerned National Agencies and instrumentalities shall perform the following Functions with impartiality, given the emerging challenges brought by disaster of our times.
1. Set the direction, development, implementation and coordination, of Disaster Risk Management programs within their territorial jurisdiction.
2. Design, program, and coordinate disaster risk reduction and management activities consistent with the National Council’s standards and guidelines.
3. Facilitate and support risk assessments and contingency planning activities at the local level;
4. Consolidate local disaster risk information which includes natural hazard, vulnerabilities, and climate change risk, and maintain local risk map;
5. Organize and conduct training, orientation, and knowledge management activities on disaster risk reduction and management at the local level;
6. Operate a multi-hazard early warning system, linked to disaster risk reduction to provide accurate and timely advice to national or local emergency response organizations and to the general public, through diverse mass media, particularly radio, landline communications, and technologies for communication within rural communities;
7. Formulate and implement a comprehensive and integrated LDRRMP in accordance with national, regional and provincial framework, and policies on disaster risk reduction in close coordination with the local development councils (LDCs);
8. Prepare and submit to the local sanggunian through the LDRRMC and the LDC the annual LDRRMO Plan and Budge, the proposed programming of the LDRRMF, other dedicated disaster risk reduction and management resources and other regular funding source/s and budgetary support of the LDRRMO/BDRRMC.
9. Conduct continuous disaster monitoring and mobilize instrumentalities and entities, of the LGUs, CSOs, private groups and organized volunteers, to utilize their facilities and the resources for the protection and preservation of life and properties during emergencies in accordance with existing policies and procedures.
10. Identify, assess, and manage the hazards, vulnerabilities and risk that may occur in their locality;
11. Disseminate Information and raise public awareness about those hazards, vulnerabilities and risk, their nature, effects, early warning signs and counter-measures/strategies;
12. Identify and implement cost, effective risk reduction measures/strategies;
13. Maintain a database of human resource, equipments, directories, and location of critical infrastructure and their capacities such as hospitals and evacuation centers.
14. Developed, strengthen and operationalize mechanism for partnership or networking with private sector, CSOs, and volunteers group.
15. Take all necessary steps on continuing basis to maintain, provide, or arrange the provision of or two otherwise make available, suitably-trained and competent personnel for effective civil defense and disaster risk reduction and management in its area.
16. Organize, train, equip and supervise the local emergency response teams ACDVs, ensuring that humanitarian aid workers are equipped with the basic skills to assist mother to breastfeed;
17. Respond to and to manage the adverse effects of emergencies and carry out recovery activities in affected area, ensuring that there is an efficient mechanism for immediate delivery of food, shelter and medical supplies for women and children, endeavor to create a special place wherein internally – displaced mothers and children can find help with breastfeeding feed and care for the babies and give support to each other.
18. Within each area, promote and raise public awareness of and compliance with the act and legislative provisions relevant to the purpose of the act.
19. Serve as secretariat and executive arm of the LDRRMC.
20. Coordinate other disaster risk reduction and management activities.
21. Established linkage network with other LGUs for disaster for disaster risk reduction risk reduction and emergency response purposes.
22. Recommended through the LDRRMC the enactment of local ordinances consistent with the requirements of this act.
23. Implement policies, approved, plans and programs of LDRRMC consistent with the policies and guidelines laid down in the act.
24. Establish a Provincial/City/Municipal/Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Operation Center.
25. Prepare and submit, through the LDRRMC and the LDC, the report of the utilization of the LDRRMF and other dedicated disaster risk reduction and management to the local Commission on Audit (COA) for Provincial/City level and internal audit for municipal and component city, copy furnished the Regional Director OCD and the Local Government Operations Officer of the DILG, and
26. Act on the matters that may be authorized by the LDRRMC.